Students requesting financial assistance can contact the Student Financial Services Office at 314-768-1234 x1118.
- Veterans Administration Benefits – Students meeting the requirements to receive VA benefits must come to the Student Financial Services Office to complete the appropriate paperwork. For more information, please contact the VA at 1-888-442-4551.
- NAEMT EMS Scholarship – Applications can be obtained online at the NAEMT website. Scholarship application is eligible for First Responders to EMT-Basic, EMT-Basic to EMT-Paramedic, or Paramedic advanced education. The student must be a NAEMT member to apply. Membership is a $25 Student rate with proof of EMT student status for the first year.
- WIA/Vocational Rehab Benefits – Students meeting the requirements to receive these benefits must submit the appropriate paperwork to the Student Financial Services Office. Students need to make an appointment with the Missouri Career Center at least 30 days prior to the start of class.
- Fast Web Scholarships – Individual scholarships may be available at fastweb.com. – Remove Fast Web – you must be Fed Aid Eligible now
- MEMSA Scholarships – Students can pick up the application from the Student Financial Services Office or go to the MEMSA website for a copy. – Does MEMSA still offer this scholarship?
- Legacy Scholarship – boundtree.com or 800-533-0523 – Scholarship for a child of a Career or Volunteer EMS Personnel. Deadline date is March of the current year.
- IHM Payment Plans – Monthly payment plans will be established for the individual programs. Students will be required to sign a promissory note.
Financial Aid specific to St. Louis, MO campus:
- Ryan Hummert Memorial Scholarship – Available for Paramedic Students only. One scholarship awarded per semester. Selection based on essay submitted to FBO Ryan Hummert Committee. Applications available in the IHM Registrar’s Office. – We need to attach the new instructions/application to this instead of stating get it in the Registar’s office.
Financial Aid specific to Independence, MO campus:
The following types of student financial aid are available for qualifying students.
- Missouri Career Center – Independence, MO – (816) 325-5890 – Students qualify based on low income or dislocation due to large layoff.
- Full Employment Council of Kansas City – feckc.org – All or part of the program may be covered by the FEC. Programs based on financial need. Contact information is available through their website. Click the locations button at the top of the webpage to find the office nearest to you.
- Vocational Rehabilitation Program-Kansas City, Missouri – (816) 842-7425 – May be available for students with qualifying disabilities.
- Midwest Trauma Society – Midwest Trauma Society scholarship applications can be obtained at midwesttraumasociety.org under programs. $1000.00 is offered to AEMT and Paramedic students and $500.00 to EMT students every six months in April and November.